Diabetes is one of the most common problems in today’s time, which happens to many people all over the world and for this they consume many types of medicines which are not at all good for health, but there are many such methods. Due to which diabetes can be cured by home remedies and out of that diet is being considered the most effective way, as you must be aware that it is very important to maintain the diet properly to maintain diabetes.
So in this blog basically we are going to know how your diet should be to maintain type 2 diabetes.
Type 2 Diabetes Patients should intake following nutrition:
- Carbohydrates: They are the ones that affect blood sugar the most, yet are necessary to provide the energy needed for the body to function properly. However there are always healthy options to look forward to, choosing whole grains over the refined ones is always a great idea. This is a good idea since whole grains are rich in vitamins, minerals, and phyto chemicals. They are also rich in fiber and do not cause surges in blood glucose levels, and promote digestive health.
Choose to say no to processed foods and food made from white flour like white bread, and pastries, so avoid these options. Also, try to steer clear of white rice and pasta. Choose brown rice over white rice and say no two kinds of pasta.
- Protein: Choose lean protein over other forms since they are low in saturated fats and high in PUFAs. Best options: Opt for fish like salmon, as they also contain significant amounts of healthy omega-3 fats. Choose beans as a vegetarian protein source. Avoid deep fried meat with lots of butter and cheese, since they are not only rich in saturated fats but also high on sodium.
- Dairy: Choose Greek yogurt since it is very low in fat and provides the rich probiotic background. Choose low-fat dairy and prefer not to skip it at any cost.
- Vegetables: Your biggest preference should be for non-starchy vegetables such as leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, and carrots since they are low on readily available sugars and high in fiber and other nutrients. Limit your intake of starchy vegetables.
- Fruits: Fruits come to rescue to address your sweet cravings, minus loads of sugar that come along with them and addition of antioxidants and fiber. Berries are the best pick. Do not use fruits that are preserved in sugary syrups or coating or flavored with artificial sweeteners. Say strict no to artificial juices, can have fresh juices in moderation.
- Fats: Prefer the good fats. Choose the ones that help protect your heart and help in fighting away the bad cholesterol. These are found in avocados, almonds and polyunsaturated fats. Avoid trans fats and saturated fats.