Almost every girl and woman has a little hobby of doing makeup. At the same time, it is not possible to go to the parlor every time to get makeup done. In such a situation, if you suddenly have to go to a party or function, then there can be trouble. That’s why it is important for every woman to have some knowledge of simple makeup. In such a situation, this article of Stylecrase can prove to be useful. Here we are giving information about some special simple makeup tips for beginners. Often the question comes in the mind of beginners that how to do makeup at home. In such a situation, in answer to this question, we are also sharing here how to do makeup. So, read the article till the end to know how to do makeup at home.
How To Apply Makeup Step By Step For Beginners
Keep in mind: When one starts doing makeup, he should start with light makeup. Due to not knowing how to do makeup, many times women are unable to guess the makeup and accidentally do more makeup. In such a situation, below we are sharing how to do simple makeup, which is as follows:
It is important to apply primer before applying makeup. Primer is used to soften the skin of the face. Along with this, the pores of the face are also less visible. Primer is the base of any makeup, so that the makeup can last for a long time. Keep in mind that always buy the primer according to your skin. Matte for oily skin, hydrating primer for dry skin and water-based primer for sensitive skin. At the same time, both hydrating or matte primers can be suitable for combination skin. Know further how to apply primer.
How to Apply Primer:
- First clean the face with face wash or cleanser.
- Then wipe the face with a soft towel and apply a light moisturizer.
- Now take the required primer on the back part of your hand.
- After this, apply the primer on your face and neck with your finger tips.
- Apply the primer dot-dot and especially on the T-zone of the face i.e. nose, chin and forehead.
- The makeup of the T-zone can quickly deteriorate due to sweat, so it is necessary to take care of this part of the face.
- Now with the help of finger or makeup sponge, blend the primer well.
- Let the primer sit for a while before applying further makeup.
2. Light Foundation
After the primer, now comes the turn of the foundation. According to experts, foundation should always be one or two shades lighter than the skin tone. This is because when bronzer is used for makeup, the foundation mixes completely in it and gives the perfect makeup look. Read below the right way to apply foundation.
How to apply foundation for makeup:
- After applying the primer, now take foundation on your palm or wrist as needed.
- Now with the help of finger, apply it dot-dot all over the face and neck.
- Then with the help of a sponge, blend the foundation well.
Like primer and foundation, concealer is also an important part of makeup. Concealer is used to hide dark circles, acne and blemishes on the face. For dry to combination skin, a liquid and normal to oily skin may use a cream-based concealer. Always choose a concealer one shade lighter than the foundation. Correct makeup requires the right amount of concealer. In such a situation, below we are giving information about applying concealer in the right way.
How to apply concealer:
- To hide the dark circles under the eyes, first apply orange and yellow color corrector.
- Apply the color corrector dot-dot on the dark circles and blend with the help of a makeup sponge.
- Now according to the length of the dark circle, make a V-shape line from under the eyes to the cheeks with the concealer stick.
- Then blend it with the help of a makeup sponge.
- Keep in mind that not only apply concealer under the eyes, but also on the cheekbones, so that the makeup looks uniform.
- Immediately after applying concealer, set with setting powder to prevent wrinkles.
Although not everyone uses blush or bronzer, but they are also an important part of makeup. Where bronzer can work to enhance facial features. Whereas blush can bring a refreshing glow to the face. Bronzer should always be one tone darker than the skin tone.
At the same time, talking about blush, for light skin tone, you can choose a light pink, peach or light coral blush. For dark complexion, you can choose dark pink, brownish red or bronze color. If you want, you can also take information about this from a beauty expert or a makeup expert in a cosmetic shop. Also, while buying bronzer and blush, you can try testing it on the skin. Bronzer and blusher can enhance makeup as well as shape the face. We are telling below how to apply blush / bronzer.
How to Apply Blush/Bronzer:
- Take a makeup brush to apply bronzer first.
- Then take bronzer as needed in the brush and brush off the extra bronzer with the brush.
- Now apply a light bronzer on the cheekbones, forehead, jawline and T-zone.
- Then blend the bronzer well with another brush.
- Now take powder or cream blush in the blush brush.
- Then apply blush lightly on the cheeks and forehead.
- Always remember that while using blush on the cheeks, make a fish-like mouth i.e. suck the cheeks and lips inwards.
- This will allow the blush to be applied properly.
- After applying bronzer and blush, press the tissue paper lightly on the face to remove excess makeup.
5. Compact Powder
Using a compact powder can be a good option to set the makeup that is already done. It is one of the most used makeup products. It is lightweight and can be used to give light coverage to the face or to give a perfect finish to makeup. Also, it can help the makeup to last longer. Keep in mind that always use compact powder of the same color as your skin tone. Apply compact powder like this.
How to apply compact powder:
- First of all, take compact powder as required in a blush brush or makeup sponge.
- Dust off the extra powder and set it aside.
- Now apply the remaining powder in a sponge or brush by patting it lightly on the face.
Now it’s time for the eye makeup. To make the eyes beautiful, it is necessary to use eyeshadow. There are two separate brushes for applying and blending eyeshadow. If you use a brush, you will be able to do clean makeup. It will not spread the makeup. You can use any color eyeshadow according to your dress. However, for simple makeup, the option of light or nude colored eyeshadow can be better.
How to Apply Eyeshadow:
- First take the eyeshadow brush.
- Now take the eyeshadow of your choice in it.
- Scrub off excess eyeshadow brush before applying.
- Now apply lighter eyeshadow in the inner corner and a little more in the outer corner above the eyes.
Note: Eyeshadow can be applied in many different ways depending on your makeup. The method described here is according to Simple Makeup.
Eyeliner is a great makeup product to enhance the beauty of the eyes. If the eyes are small, then apply thin eyeliner and if you have big, then you can apply thick liner. The style of applying liner varies with the trend. If you are doing makeup for the first time, then apply thin eyeliner. Also, nowadays eye liners are also available in many different colors, so you can use the color that suits your choice and face.
How to apply eyeliner:
- Shake the vial slightly before using the liner.
- Now start applying the liner from the starting corner of the eye lid.
- After that draw the line on the outside.
- If it is difficult to apply liquid liner for the first time, then you can also apply liner with kajal.
Eye makeup is incomplete without kajal. Nowadays, many colorful kajals have also come in the market. To give a smokey look to the eyes and to give a classy look to the makeup, brown or blue color kajal can be a good option. At the same time, black kajal is evergreen for a classic look. The method of applying kajal should also be right, only then the eye makeup will be seen blooming.
How to Apply Mascara:
- Apply a layer of kajal from the inner corners of the eyes to the outer corners.
- Then apply another layer to make the mascara last longer.
- Keep in mind always buy smudge proof kajal.
Just like mascara, mascara is also important. Usually a mascara brush also comes with the mascara. By applying this, the eyelashes start looking thick, long and beautiful. To make the eyelashes thick and long, some people also apply eyelashes separately. However, beginners in makeup should not do this. Make the original eyelashes beautiful by applying light mascara. At the same time, like kajal, it is also necessary to take care of the method of applying mascara. So here we are also giving information about how to apply mascara.
How to Apply Mascara:
- First, apply mascara on the upper lashes from root to tip.
- Then let it dry and apply it on the lower eyelids until the upper eyelids are dry.
- The lower eyelashes are small, so apply a light mascara.
- When the mascara dries, apply another coat.
After the eyes, now it is the turn of the lip makeup. Lipstick is the most important part of makeup. Makeup completes with lipstick. However, beginners can use lip gloss instead of lipstick if they wish. For perfect lip makeup, the way of applying lipstick should be right. Lip liner can also be used to shape the lips. Lip liner can be applied a shade darker than the color of the lipstick you are applying or a similar shade. Beginners should use a light colored lipstick or gloss. Starting with light makeup is a better option for beginners.
How to apply lipstick/gloss:
- First, make an outline for the lipstick on your lips with a lip liner.
- Now apply whatever color lipstick you have selected according to your choice or occasion.
- Start applying lipstick from the cupid bow ie the upper part of the lip.
- Do not apply more than two coats of lipstick.
- After applying the lipstick, remove the extra lipstick from the tissue paper.
- To remove excess lipstick, simply press the tissue paper between your lips once.
- On the other hand, if you are applying lip gloss, then you can apply lip gloss directly on the lips.
11. Makeup Setting Spray
Now to make your makeup last longer and to give a final touchup, definitely use a makeup setting spray. Keep in mind that this is the final process of applying makeup, which can be done to set makeup.
How to apply makeup setting spray:
- Shake the bottle of makeup setting spray first.
- Now take the bottle in your hand and keep it slightly away from the face.
- Now close the eyes and spray the makeup spray on the face from a distance.
- Allow the face to dry naturally after spraying.
- At the same time, when you have a good practice of applying makeup, then you can spray the makeup setting spray in the shape of X and T.
Makeup Tips for Beginners
After explaining how to do simple makeup, now we are sharing some makeup tips. These tips are especially for those who are learning to do makeup. In such a situation, with the help of the makeup tips given here, making mistakes during makeup can be avoided to some extent. So these special easy makeup tricks are as follows:
What to do :
- Always clean your face thoroughly before applying makeup. You can use mild face wash for this. Always remember before makeup it is necessary to remove impurities from the skin.
You can also scrub the skin a day before applying makeup.
- Do not forget to apply moisturizer on the face before applying makeup on the face. On the other hand, if you want to go out with makeup during the day, then do not forget to apply sunscreen.
- Choosing the right makeup brush is essential for good makeup. In such a situation, you can shop for makeup brushes available from the market or online. Choose makeup brushes according to your convenience and makeup type.
- Buy makeup products according to your skin type. Don’t forget to check the manufacture date and expiry date of the makeup products. Always use good quality makeup products.
- Always use waterproof or smudge proof makeup products.
- For starters, always opt for simple makeup. If you want to do makeup at home to go to a special event, then practice it beforehand. Remember doing makeup is also an art, which needs practice. So before doing makeup for the party, practice it.
- It is necessary to make a base before makeup. You can use light foundation or BB-CC cream to make the base. Apply the foundation by mixing it well with a beauty blender. Then wait for a while so that the foundation is completely absorbed into your face. Avoid using heavy foundation.
- Always use a makeup sponge to blend makeup.
- If there is not a lot of spots on the face, then do not use concealer and even if you do, use a small amount. Concealer should be one tone lighter than your skin tone or foundation. Use concealer only where it is most needed.
- Never over makeup. If the eye makeup is dark, then apply lipstick or gloss of light or nude shade on the lips. At the same time, if you like to apply dark lipstick, then keep the eye makeup light. In eye makeup, you can work with just mascara. Apart from this, smokey eyes makeup can be good with dark lipstick.
- Now let’s talk about lipstick. Beginners should keep the color of the lipstick light. Even a light lipstick or gloss can add to your beauty.
- Hairstyle also plays an important role in making makeup look more beautiful. Therefore, for the perfect makeup, pay attention to the hairstyle as well. Your hairstyle should match your look.
- After a whole day, do not forget to remove makeup before sleeping at night. To remove makeup, you can use makeup remover, coconut oil or rose water available in the market.
Do not make these mistakes while doing makeup:
1. Do not wash face frequently
It is important to keep the face clean before applying makeup, but this does not mean washing the face again and again. By doing this the skin loses its moisture. So, avoid over-washing the face, washing the face only twice a day is enough.
2. Applying Makeup on Dry Face
Applying too much makeup on a dry face can be a big mistake. This can make the face look lifeless and tired instead of flushing. Apply a moisturizer to the dry face and normalize it first and do not use too much foundation. Also do simple makeup.
3. Pay Attention to Lighting When Applying Makeup
It is also necessary to have the right lighting for the makeup to be right. If there is not much light in the room, then makeup can be more or less. So always remember to have the right lighting in the makeup room.
4. Blending is necessary
It is very important to blend the makeup well on the face. The face looks natural only by blending. Use the right brush to blend and use the brush according to the shape of your face. Blending is an essential part of makeup. If using a makeup sponge, lightly pat the makeup into the skin.
5. Applying Concealer Incorrectly
Many times, beginners use too much concealer in one place to cover dark spots, while doing so should be avoided. Do not apply too much concealer on dark circles at once. You can use layering techniques. Blend it in with some concealer and let it dry, then reapply.
6. Using Too Much Foundation
Too much foundation can make your skin cakey. There can be cracks at some places in the makeup, which looks very bad in high light. In such a situation, it is better to apply a light foundation. You can also apply a mix of concealer and foundation. Apart from this, it is important to use the right shade of foundation. Do not use foundation lighter than your skin tone.
7. Eyebrow Shape
It is important to shape the eyebrows in makeup. Many beginners use pencils to shape the eyebrows. However, due to lack of practice, the shape of the eyebrows gets spoiled. Try to keep the eyebrows normal. If you still want to give shape, use a brush.
8. Don’t get hair cut
If you have to go to a function, do not take a hair cut immediately, but take it a few days or weeks before. Doing this will help the hair to set.
9. Don’t Experiment
Before the final makeup, once a few days before using lipstick, kajal, eyeliner, definitely check whether that color suits you or not. Do not experiment with any new color on the day of makeup.
10. Don’t Share Makeup
Makeup is a very personal thing. In such a situation, do not share the cosmetics or makeup products of your use with anyone else and do not use anyone else’s makeup materials. By doing this women can save themselves from skin related problems.
Must Have Makeup Pouch For Beginners
Be it beginners or long time makeup users, everyone must have a makeup pouch with them. With this women can fix their makeup anywhere and anytime. Keep face wash, moisturizer, hair brush, primer, foundation, BB cream, concealer, powder, two-three types of lipstick shades, mascara, mascara and lip gloss in the makeup pouch.
Beginners should have some basic knowledge before starting makeup. In this article, we have given many simple makeup tips for beginners. Along with this, it also told what things should be kept in mind while doing makeup. Doing makeup was not easy. Hopefully from this article, many women have now got to learn how to do makeup. In such a situation, by sharing this article as much as possible, tell everyone how to do makeup and make our hard work successful.
Frequently asked questions
Which makeup products should beginners buy?
A beginner should have moisturizer, hair brush, primer, foundation, BB cream, blush, eyeshadow, concealer, powder, 2-3 lipstick shades, mascara, kajal and lip gloss. Along with this, one should always buy good quality makeup products.
How can beginners do good makeup?
By the way, we have told many simple makeup tips in this article for beginners to do good makeup. However, if you want to learn how to do makeup in a better way, then you can practice doing makeup at home according to the methods mentioned here.
How can I learn to do makeup by myself?
Beginners should first start with light makeup. This article of ours can help you for light makeup. Also, you can watch tutorials or videos on youtube to learn makeup. Also, you can take a short course in doing makeup. There are many online classes available these days.
The following two tabs change co