Highlighter is considered a very important part for makeup, basically it is a light-reflecting product that enhances the glow of the skin and you get to see it in different forms like liquid, powder or cream. It enhances the complexion, making the cheekbones appear more prominent.
Highlighters of many brands are available in the market, but it can be a bit difficult for the people to guess which of them is better, so to solve this problem, we have selected the best highlighters for you in this blog according to your experience. On the basis so that you do not have any confusion in buying.
best highlighters names
1. Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter
This product from Maybelline is also one of the various highlighters available in the market. This highlighter is powder based, which is available in two shades. One color is Molton Gold and the other is Rose Gold. These highlighters help in giving a luxurious glow and metallic glow to the face. Due to these qualities, it can be considered as the best highlighter.
- It has suitable colors like Rose Gold for fair skin and Molton Gold for medium skin.
- It is quite smooth.
- Can give perfect golden glow for party.
- Its soft powder formula is easy to apply.
- Wet technology has been used, which can give glow to the face.
- Keep this highlighter carefully, otherwise the powder cake may crack in the box.
2. The Balm Mary Lou Manizar Aka The Luminizer Shimmer Highlighter & Eyeshadow
Next on the list of best highlighters is Marie-Lou Manizar. This highlighter makes the face soft and glowing. Its velvety texture, rich color and triple pigment formula give skin a picture perfect look. The company says that once applied, it keeps the face glowing and shiner throughout the day.
- It can be used as a highlighter, eye shadow and all-over shimmer.
- There is also a powder in the box and a mirror in its lid, with the help of which it can be easily applied anywhere on the skin.
- Gets on well with the skin.
- After applying it, the skin looks soft and youthful.
- It is not easily available everywhere.
3. Sivana Shimmer Highlighter
The specialty of Sivana Highlighter is that with a small amount of it, the cheek bones can be highlighted. This powder highlighter can absorb excess oil from the face and give glow to the skin. For this reason, it has also been included in the list of best highlighters.
- There are five shades of this in a pack.
- These five colors are in a single brick, which can be easily mixed and matched.
- By buying a single pack, you have five options to highlight the skin according to the look.
- This highlighter has a very thick color and can last up to 6 hours.
- It nourishes the skin as well as retains moisture.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Some consumers experience that it does not blend quickly on the skin.
- Even if applied to the eyes, there may be shedding on the eyelids.
- Those with sensitive skin should use it only after doing a patch test.
4. Lakme Face Sheer Highlighter
Lakme is known for its luxurious, affordable and reliable cosmetic products. Its highlighter gives a smooth glow to the face, which does not look artificial. It has a sponge applicator for applying it.
- Its easy to use.
- It also comes with a small mirror.
- Available in two colours, Sun Kissed and Desert Rose.
- Blends well on the skin.
- A small amount is enough to highlight the face.
- The sponge is stuck in the box. If someone wants to use it without a sponge, then it has to be removed permanently.
- If it is accidentally applied a little too much, then the face starts glowing too much, which looks unnatural and looks bad.
5. L’Oreal Paris Glow Mon Amour Highlighter
Looking for the best highlighter, then L’Oreal is also a good choice. L’Oreal Paris is also a well-known company of cosmetics. It is a liquid highlighter, which can enhance the glow and beauty of the face. According to the company, it can also be mixed with moisturizer or foundation and applied all over the face to get an all over shiny look. It can also be used to highlight special features of the face.
- Available in two super-silky shades like Loving Peach and Sparkling Love.
- The packaging of this liquid highlighter is very nice.
- Can give a natural glow to the face and complete the makeup look.
- Being a liquid highlighter, it can be a bit inconvenient to use for those with oily skin.
6. Wet n Wild Megaglow Highlighting Powder
This product from Wet n Wild is a very soft powder highlighter, which makes it one of the best highlighters in the list. Its specialty is that it is easy to blend on the skin. Also, its finishing is very good and it gives a sharp look to the face.
- Can last for a long time even on oily skin.
- Only a small amount of this highlighter is enough, due to which it lasts for a long time.
- This highlighter is available in many shades.
- Gives glowing look to the skin.
- With a creamy formula that blends easily with the skin.
- It can break quickly if not stored properly, as its packaging is fragile.
- Availability of this highlighter can be tricky.
7. Swiss Beauty Baked Blusher and Highlighter
Swiss Beauty Baked Blusher is also one of the best highlighters in the market. This highlighter gives glow to the face. Its long lasting formula keeps it on the skin for a long time. This powder highlighter is easy to apply as it blends well with the skin.
- The product is lightweight, hence does not leave a heavy feeling on the face.
- Four different colors are present in one brick.
- It gives a natural glow to the face.
- Certified by Dermatologists.
- Some people may dislike its fragrance.
- Might fall off when applied with a brush. In this case, sponge, cotton or fingers can be used.
8. Incolor Waterproof Baking Highlight
This highlighter by Incolor is known for its lightweight texture. This product can maintain the glow on the face throughout the day. The company claims that this powder highlighter is waterproof, which is very easy to apply on the face.
- This highlighter is available in many great shades.
- Lasts for about 5 to 6 hours once applied.
- Its price is right according to its quantity and quality.
- Gives glow to the skin.
- Blends well on the skin.
- No information has been given about the ingredients used in it.
- This product is not easily available in the local market.
9. Swiss Beauty Brick Highlighter
Another brick highlighter from Swiss Beauty is available in the market, which has 5 shades available in a single brick. Its use can also give a natural glow to the skin. Also, its long lasting formula keeps it on the skin for a long time. This powder highlighter is easy to apply, as it blends quickly into the skin.
- The micro-shimmer formula present in it gives great shine to the face.
- This product can stay on the face for a long time.
- It can be used as a blush, bronzer or highlighter.
- This is a dermatologically tested product.
- Some customers may find this highlighter a bit expensive compared to other products.
10. Nix Professional Makeup Sculpt & Highlight Deo
This highlighter from Nix Professional is a 2 in 1 creamy highlighter. It comes in stick form. It also has a brush, due to which it is easy to apply on the face. This product is good for those with dry skin. It removes dryness and provides good shine to the face.
- Its packaging is quite sturdy and it is travel friendly.
- This cream highlighter shade blends easily on the skin.
- It has two shades. The top side of one stick and the bottom side of the other stick. Any shade can be used as per the requirement.
- Tightly close it after use, otherwise the product may dry out if exposed to air.
- This product may be costly to some customers.
11. Miss Claire Bronze & Highlighter Makeup Studio Palette
One pack of Miss Claire comes with four shades of highlighter. They can be used alone or in combination as per their requirement. Its shades are quite effective, which highlight the skin in a wonderful way. The company claims that using this product also gives a 3-D look.
- Can stay on the skin for 8 to 10 hours.
- A little amount of highlighter is enough. That’s why this product lasts for a long time.
- Miss Claire Bronze & Highlighter is a perfect product for oily skin.
- There is a fear of getting a fake highlighter in the name of this product and this is the experience of the customers. Therefore, always buy it from a trusted seller. You can also buy it through the link given below.
- Handle the highlighter with care, otherwise the powder may come out and disintegrate.
How to choose the best highlighter according to your skin?
While choosing a good highlighter according to the skin, it is important to take special care of some things. For this reason, we are telling the tips below.
- There are four types of highlighters, cream highlighter, powder highlighter, stick highlighter and liquid highlighter.
- The choice of powder and stick for oily skin and cream or liquid highlighter for dry skin is right.
- Highlighters are available in many colors, so always choose a highlighter keeping in mind your skin tone to get the right look.
- Those whose skin complexion is fair, they can use silver and light pink highlighter.
- Women whose complexion is medium, they can use highlighter of golden and sand or peach color.
- Using a bronze colored highlighter brings a natural glow to the skin when there is a dark complexion.
- When buying a highlighter, also decide whether you want to apply the highlighter during the day or at night.
- You can opt for a less shiny one for the day and a shiny or shimmery highlighter for the night.
What is the right way to apply highlighter?
Highlighter is a product that should be used in very limited quantities and with caution. Otherwise, it makes the whole look very shiny, which looks very strange. Let us know what is the right way to apply highlighter.
- First of all, choose a right color and the right type of highlighter for you.
- It is used after all the makeup is complete.
- Exposure to enough sunlight before applying highlighter.
- If you are using a cream highlighter, apply it to the cheekbones in a C shape with your finger. Then give a light touch on the nose.
- To apply powder highlighter, apply it with the help of a brush or sponge.
- After applying stick highlighter and liquid highlighter, mix it on the face with the help of a brush or sponge.
- If you want, it can also be used in place of eye shadow.
- You can also apply highlighter on the lips. After applying it, use lip gloss on top.
- Do not use it under the eyes, it can make dark circles more visible.
- Do not apply the highlighter to the side of the brow as well. This can make the face appear bigger.