Diabetes, which is also called the problem of sugar, is one of the most common problems in today’s time, which is present in almost every household, and there are many reasons behind it, but the main reason is the lack of proper eating habits. To be and to control this disease, it is said to pay more attention to the diet.
Basically in this blog we are going to know about the diet plan which is suitable for diabetes patient.
foods to eat in diabetes
The patient of sugar should always consume fruits or other foods very carefully. Otherwise, the sugar level of the diabetic patient will increase, which can prove to be fatal. As soon as diabetes is detected, patients immediately start taking Ayurvedic or allopathic sugar medicines, whereas instead of doing so, they should first pay attention to their diet. Let’s know what diabetic patients should eat:
- Bananas also contain a good amount of carbohydrates. Diabetic patients should eat half a banana at a time instead of eating the whole banana.
- Guava fruit is very beneficial for diabetic patient. It contains a good amount of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- Pear fruits contain a good amount of vitamins and dietary fiber. This is a fruit that is consumed in diabetes.
- Peach fruits contain essential nutrients and contain a small amount of sugar, which is why they have a low glycemic index, so diabetics should consume them.
- Jamun fruit is also beneficial for the diabetic patient. Jamun helps to reduce blood sugar.
What should not be eaten by diabetic or sugar patients
Diet is more important for diabetics. With the help of proper diet and exercise, you can control diabetes to a great extent. Let us know which things should be avoided.
- Due to the high sugar content in some fruits, diabetic patients should not consume these fruits. For example, you should not juice grapes, cherries, pineapples, bananas, nuts and sweet fruits. A small grapefruit also contains about one gram of carbohydrate. Therefore, a diabetic patient should not consume it. A cherry, like a grape, contains one gram of carbohydrate, so it should not be consumed in excess.
- Ripe pineapple is high in sugar, so a diabetic patient should not consume this fruit or take it in small amounts only occasionally.
- A ripe mango contains about 25-30 grams of carbohydrates. Which increases the blood sugar level. So avoid the consumption of mango.
- Don’t eat too many nuts. Especially with sugar or chocolate, raisins or nuts should not be consumed at all.
- Sweet fruit juices should also not be consumed. A diabetic patient should not drink juice unless there is a hyperglycemic condition in the body. Eat fruit instead of juice.
how to control diabetes
To control diabetes, first you need to make changes in your diet and lifestyle. Otherwise it is difficult to control sugar. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder. In this, whatever we eat is converted into glucose and it is spread throughout the body through the blood. The hormone insulin then converts glucose into energy. In diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin or the body is unable to use insulin properly.
The body cannot convert sugar, starch and other foods into energy. Therefore, a person’s diet depends on his blood sugar level, routine, exercise habits and body composition. The diet of a diabetic patient should consist of 60 percent carbohydrates, 20 percent fat and 20 percent protein. Two seasonal fruits and three types of vegetables should be consumed daily. Non-vegetarian food should not be consumed, especially red meat should not be consumed at all. It would be better if you follow the diabetes diet chart given below.
Diet Plan for Diabetes Patient
- After getting up in the morning, drink half a teaspoon of fenugreek powder mixed with a glass of water or soak barley in water at night and filter this water in the morning and drink it. After an hour you can have unsweetened tea and 2-3 biscuits with mild sweetness.
- For breakfast, you can have a bowl of sprouted grains and skim milk and two parathas without oil and a cup of curd, and a vegetable with mild spices.
- Eat guava, apple, orange or papaya before lunch. Eat two rotis, a small bowl of rice, a bowl of lentils, a bowl of vegetables, a curd and a plate of salad.
- For your evening snack, you can have unsweetened tea and lightly sweetened biscuits. And take two rotis and a plate of vegetables for dinner. Drink a glass of warm milk mixed with a little spoonful of turmeric before going to bed at night.
- Keep in mind that if you are diabetic, then eat food in small intervals, because eating a lot of food at one time can increase your blood sugar level very quickly. Divide your day’s meals into five portions and eat small amounts at a time. The diet of a diabetic patient should be rich in fiber, as well as carbohydrates such as whole wheat bread, porridge, etc., including peels, should be consumed.
- Take two kg of wheat and barley and grind them with one kg of gram. Use this flour to make roti. Include bitter gourd, fenugreek, thigh, spinach, squash, turnip, brinjal, tinda, parwal, radish, cauliflower, tomato, cabbage, large soybean, black gram, capsicum, green leafy vegetables in vegetables.
- To overcome weakness, take raw coconut, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, isabgol, soya, curd and buttermilk etc. Make a roti by mixing 25 grams of linseed in the flour. Flaxseed helps to control blood sugar.
- Green tea consumption is very beneficial for a diabetic patient. The antioxidants present in it keep the person healthy. Green tea or black tea, both should be consumed without milk and without sugar.
What should be your lifestyle during diabetes- Along with diet, diabetic patients should also pay special attention to lifestyle. Adopting a bad lifestyle can increase your sugar problem. Let us know which lifestyle should be adopted by sugar patients.
Walk for half an hour every morning, exercise for some time every morning and evening, do yoga and pranayama daily, lead a stress free life, stay away from alcohol and smoking, do yoga for good health.
In today’s article, we have given a diet plan for diabetic patients, we hope that you have liked the post very much, if you follow this diet plan, then diabetes will always be under control.